Found out I have Sjogrens Syndrome

I had my appointment with Dr. MArtin today. I filled out the yellow sheet and this is what I wrote:

The first thing I answered on it was I can do mostly anything without difficulty.

I indicated that I did have some pain over the last month but I can do most of the things I want to do. I also put down I feel better than I did two weeks ago. I wrote that I had had some joint pain in teh last two weeks (in the fingers).

To the question I don't fell stiff in the morning.

I did mention about the fatigueness.

my current weight is 225
BP 122/76
Pulse was 60.

Dr. Martin says that the ANA and antibodies indicates I have Sjogren's Syndrome. SS is an inflammatory autoimmune disease that causes dryness in the mouth and eyes. It can effect other parts of the body. According to the Arthritis foundation the cause of SS is unknown but says there is some evidence that heredity and viral infections play a part. I have to read more from the flyer to understand it more.

Dr. M says I should probably do blood tests in October and that April was the last time I had my eyes checked.

Dr. Martin did say that the lupus is under control.

That the aches and pains can be attributed to overweigth and that I need to get exercising and keep away from salt (my legs are retaining water). He indicated that I shouldn't take alot of ibuprofen because that causes water retention.

He wants me to exercise more and not have salt....hamburgers, chips, anything with salt.

Next appoint is Novembe 22, 2006 at 3:20 pm.

Tonight's dinner consisted of:

Life Cereal w/Milk
rice and steak w/ a little worstershire sauce (salty)
blackberry sherbert

Comments

Popular Posts