Asked questions about

Yesterday I posted a question to the Lupies list.  I asked if certain foods causes breakouts on your face because of Lupus.  Mom had checked with the LFOA and they were not definitive.  The following is a response I got this morning from JO in Canada.


Kate, My mom (who doesn't have any auto immune conditions) breaks out from tomatoes and strawberries. I remember when I was growing up, it would just be blotches on her face so she'd avoid tomatoes and strawberries but sometimes indulge. As she got older, it would be blotches on her body as well . . so she cut back on indulgences. When she had an episode where her lips and tongue started to feel puffy, she now avoids them completely. With mom, it just seems to be when they are fresh - canned tomatoes in a soup don't cause a problem or a muffin that has strawberries baked in is also fine.

With me - it's processed foods. I eat fairly "clean", but when I cut out all the processed foods (ie bottled salad dressings, baking) I sure notice an improvement with my skin (more even tone).



From Jen in the same group:

 
I don't break out with pimples but certain foods cause me to flare.  A lot of Lupies can't eat nightshade plants which are tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, and eggplants.  I'm still trying to figure out which foods cause my joint pain but so far it's tomatoes, peppers, cantaloupe and maybe corn.  They do make tomato sauce substitutes you could try called "Nomato."  I haven't tried it yet, I just found out about it yesterday.

-

__,_._,___
--> I have had a few dizzy spells in the last couple of days but as i mentioned in my daily blog not doing anything about it until I crumple to the floor.
I had coffee 20 oz French Vanilla light and sweet w/sugar and cream.  A turkey sausage and egg on flat bread.  I had cereal with banana.  marinated chicken and vegetables.

Comments

Popular Posts