Dear Debra



                                                                                 August 22, 2012


Dear Debra:

          Good Morning!  It is just 9 am and I am working on the lockbox mail.  I have been here since quarter of 8.  I was hoping to get here earlier than that but I over slept.  I managed to do a few things before going but I didn’t feel like running for the bus either.

I have a few phone calls to make to the Nursing home about our club’s fall activities for them.  Telka wants me to change the times and venue of two of them because of space and time.  I have to explain to Natalie that the sing-a-long is not the “roaming around the building that most other groups do.   So we can do that at lunch as I had scheduled.  The Veteran’s Day service needs to be in the Dining room because Telka feels the Recreation room is too small.  To be honest not really looking forward to making these calls.  Sometimes it’s a power play between the two.

 The other call is to a potential club member who submitted her application but not her dues.  She is known as Jammie the Clown.  She did this a couple of times in the past and so this doesn’t surprise me but I don’t expect her to stay at all with the club.  Once she submits the dues she can become a voting member of the club.  I may have to eat my words at later time.

Anyway I should have all this done by the Board meeting Sunday.  It is going to be @Telka’s at 5:30.  That is going to be a busy day.  The meeting usually lasts an hour to hour and half.

That’s also the same day as the Baby shower for my Niece Jessica and her husband Chris.  I am really panicking because I haven’t done any shopping for it and I don’t think Mom has either.  I don’t know what happened to my invitation but I think Mom has hers.  I called Mom today but she wasn’t home so I left a message about the shopping


Well I managed to get ideas from Liz.  She suggested that I get gift cards from either Target or Baby’s R US.  The items on the registry were now limited so that’s what I am going to do.  I am not sure if Mom is going that route but we definitely will talk about it.

Well the second wave of mail should be coming soon so I am going to close out for now.  I will write again later….

Take care,

ME

Comments

Popular Posts