This Week

On Wednesday I saw Dr. Lu (Hematologist).  I had bloodwork done and he says the Iron not bad.

Weight 223 lbs (damn)
Blood pressure 120/72 perfect

I told the nurse about the Uterus and Dr.Spanolios thoughts that the Fibroids may have contributed to the blood clot.  Apparently Dr Lu thought the same thing.

Dr. Lu says the Body isn't using Iron (Anemia obviously still a problem) but body will catch up.  He isn't recommending iron pills. 

When I told him about the Consult he wanted me to remind them I need to get off the warfarin and take shots a week before the surgery and to get back on it after the surgery but he did say they will know that.

He wants me to come back in a month.  He also said it would be a few months before we test to see if  I have Anti phospholipid Syndrome.  Which is what my sister has and this was what started off our non communication (that and our attitudes).

Yesterday I went and had the INR checked it is still low but it came in at 1.4 so now the dosage is:

7.5 Friday, 5 Saturday (tonight), 7.5 Sunday, 5 on Monday, and go to have it checked on Tuesday.

My right foot continues to be swollen and after I had taken my shoe off it was really swollen.  Mom checked medications and says that plaquenil could do that.  I looked at her and said haven't been taking it.

Comments

Popular Posts