Glad I went on the walk


I am glad I went for the walk yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and the beach looked serene.  I wasn’t the only one taking walks and I was able to chat with people (from 6 foot space).  I went on a 2.2 mile walk.  I checked in with Alex shortly after 1.  He was glad I did the 2 miles.  We reviewed food intake and my exercise promise.    I did ask how they were doing and they are fine. 
The gym continues to be closed but provided a couple of updates.  Yesterday they did have some classes to be viewed on at least one platform I know of (Instagram).  They also put the spring Challenge on hold until this is over.   The end date will be once the gym reopens.
It’s raining at this moment and I don’t plan on baling on the walking but I would prefer to do it while it isn’t raining.  I may not have a choice since it’s supposed to be raining all day.
I contacted the Rheumatologist yesterday and she told me we are having a video appointment.  I have contacted the receptionist this morning and she gave me what I surmise to be straight forward instructions and need to do it 15 minutes before the appointment.  We discussed what would be done and what can’t be done (the vitals).
The rest of the afternoon I didn’t do very much.  I chatted with neighbors about the Gym and work.  I got to sell hello to neighbor D’s parents.  I emptied the garbage and got ready for garbage pick up this morning.  I ended up making a couple of trips to the garbage bin before the night was through. 
I made dinner of chicken and peas and yogurt and fruit.  I hear the chicken hasn’t been replaced at the grocery stories and of course the stores are limiting shoppers to two items each.  That is good.  Then again if it isn’t enough they can always go some where else.
I took a nice hot shower got into my pajamas and after watching Star Trek (2009) I went to bed.  The titans chose to stay down here and sleep.  I don’t think they were pleased I got up from the sofa. 
The titans have been spending most of their time doing their regular routine.  Playing, Sleeping, sparring with each other a few times this week, and getting fed.  To them this is like me on vacation from work or a weekend to them.  Normal.
I heard from Dr. T this morning she sent an email to her contacts urging us to find more reliable information than what the government is providing.  It prompted me to write an overdue email.  I let her know that Niece Lisa is sharing lots of info when she can.  I should have mentioned the updates from the University.  I told her what I have been doing during the distancing and the issues with the nursing home.
Well the sun is out and even though its mid-40’s I think I should go for the walk again.
Oh and I saw a first sign of spring yesterday…a Bee.  A very large bee sitting on the railing on the porch.

Comments

Popular Posts