Today is my Nephew Johns Birthday


Today is my Nephew John’s Birthday.  I don’t know how old he is, but he is the middle child of my late Brother’ Bob’s and SIL Ethel. He came to this country from Taiwan in the late 80’s with his family and I can remember he was very shy. The first night he was in our home he had woken up and everyone but me was sleeping.   He was crying because he didn’t recognize anything or see anyone familiar.  I came downstairs and we played at the kitchen table. 

He along with his siblings experienced a lot.  Family discourse, new schools, new ways of life, my father dying, and then luckily their relationship with my Mother was repaired, he experienced High School, and going into the Army experiencing war, the loss of his own father, and much later his grandmother.  Experiencing the joy of his own wedding and most recently the dissolution of his own marriage.  He is currently stationed in North Pole AL as Medic.  He has two dogs the malamute is probably 6 years old now and he recently got a little puppy and it’s probably grown since the last time he sent out pictures on FB.  HE does have a new lady in his life, but I am not sure where that’s heading right now.

So back home here I talked with Sister yesterday and she has another cold-again.  I will be staying away from her this weekend again as I am beginning to feel wonky myself.  We talked about the progress of selling stuff and she admitted I seem to know what I am doing and that is a good thing. 

My ears are starting to feel hollow and I don’t know if it’s turning into hearing loss, or the dreaded wax build up.  I do clean my ears (not with q tips) but this feels like I am underwater.  I hope I am not getting sick again either, I have a lot to do that’s coming up.

I didn’t make it to class this morning.  I slept in and then got to the morning routine.  I brought my laptop with me so that whenever I finish doing what I must do tonight I will have it with me.  I have two meetings (and I still need to get the Christmas stuff in the car for Sharon’s home).  I hope to get to the grocery store after all that.

Did I say it’s going to be a long night?

Steps for yesterday: 11,964

Steps so far today: 4,434

I had a protein drink this morning, tea, 2 pkgs of granola bars, trail mix and water.  For Lunch I had the Lemon Orzo chicken soup, and yogurt.

Comments

Popular Posts